There are moments where self-doubt takes hold of our lives.
On those days, we’re likely to conclude that we are:
- A failure
- Not good enough
- Not beautiful enough
These conclusions are limiting beliefs.
What are Limiting Beliefs?
Beliefs are essentially assumptions we make about ourselves, about others, and about how we expect things to be in our world. We have all these theories, ideas, and explanations about how things are and how they ought to be.
However, limiting beliefs are those which constrain us in some way. Just by believing them, we do not think, do or say the things that they inhibit. And in doing so, we impoverish our lives.
We may have beliefs about rights, duties, abilities, permissions and so on. Limiting beliefs are often about our selves and our self-identity. In any case, they sadly limit us.
It’s important to note that these beliefs are not facts. However, deeply ingrained beliefs can indeed be mistaken as facts. In fact, these beliefs may actually become a hindrance as they are no longer compatible with your life or circumstances.
The Journey Of The Unlikely Olympian
Like most of us, she has also struggled with Self-doubt, lack of confidence and fear. These limiting beliefs kept her from seeing the opportunities that came to her each day and hold her back for a moment from living the life of her dreams.
Discover how Danielle overcomes these limiting beliefs and how she eventually reclaimed her strength and will-power that lead her to live a truly fulfilled life.
Watch the whole HMRS interview here:
Tips To Overcome Limiting Beliefs That Hold You Back From Success
- Stay Positive. All it takes is a small shift in your psychology or strategy to get momentum and the results you are after.
- Be the creator of your life and decide to live life on your own terms. The fact is, you are not a manager of circumstances; you’re the architect of your life’s experience. Therefore, be sure to get what you want out of life.
- Turn uncertainty into action. For example, begin each day with a definite plan and put a stake in the ground for what it is that you want out of the day.
- Focus on a vision. Always remember that where focus goes, energy flows.
- Decide and commit. When you commit, there will always be a way.
- Resolve to change.
Knowing how to overcome limiting beliefs so you can move forward with your life is all about accepting things about yourself that you’ve resisted for a lifetime. It involves accepting that not only do we hold limiting beliefs but also those beliefs involve a preference for the very thing we fear the most – failure. However, every single time you go through this phase and you overcame it, you will become stronger every day.